Here is my list of essential things I feel all new parents should have for their little one. I’m not talking nappies and changing mats, but things that help with and beyond the immediate day to day events.
1. Video/sensor monitor- have a look at the review I have posted for the Angelcare version. Can peace of mind have a price tag?
2. A Playmat- there are many versions around to choose from ranging quite widely in price. My advice is make sure it has some music and lights to give something for baby to look at.
3. Bouncer chair- Lots of good choices again. Have a look at my review of the Fisher a Price collection. It must must must have vibration though.
4. Bath seats- very useful to help with keeping little ones safe whilst getting them clean. I have reviewed a couple of choices.
5. A Jumperoo- I love them! A preview of an upcoming review. Lots of fun for baby and a great respite for mums too.